Android rooting is becoming very common these days. With the advancement in technology, ROM updates and rooting is becoming very easy and common these days. Today almost all the Android devices are getting new Custom ROMs on frequent basis. ROM update is an easy process which can be completed within 4-5 steps usually. However if you are new to Android world then you will find it damn tough to update your device with the latest Custom or Official ROMs. But don’t worry here we are to help you. You need to follow some pre-defined steps before installing and updating your Android device with new ROM. Here we are with details about all those fixed steps which you have to follow every time before trying any ROM update.
Steps to follow before trying ROM update
• First you need to care about battery. You must charge your device to full strength before trying ROM update. However 60-100% is also preferred.
• SIM card lock must be unlocked. You can unlock it through Settings » Location and Security » Sim card lock option.
• All antivirus programs (both in mobile/device as well as computer) must be disabled.
• USB Debugging option must be set enabled. You can enable it through Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB Debugging option.
• Your device must be rooted.
• Recovery image must be installed on your device.
• Try to use original USB cable while connecting your device to computer.
• Try to be in Wi-Fi network as ROM file is generally large (memory wise) and might take hours to download in 2G/3G network.
• You must perform backup operation before each try.
• Device drivers must be installed in your computer (needed in few cases only).
How to update Android device with new ROMs
Please note that these are reference steps and will match with most of the devices.
• At very first step, you need to download the ROM file to your computer.
• Move it to SD card of pone/device via USB cable.
• Boot your device to RECOVERY mode.
• Follow on screen guide to install the downloaded ROM.
• Congrats! You are all done with. You have successfully installed new ROM on your device.
In case if you are finding any problem with update process then simply first remove its battery and then re-insert it. Now repeat the whole procedure once again. If you have any suggestions, then please use the comment box below.